11.2.05

The Best Things in Life Are Free

Yep, continuing on the theme and considering Valentine's Day is around the corner...

I found my current love online and, yes, it was a free dating site. Unfortunately, I cannot plug it here because they now charge, but I went into Google, typed in free dating sites, clicked on Pages from the UK and hey presto...

Isn't love wonderful (and free)? Isn't the web wonderful (and mostly free)? Well, log onto www.easytorecall.com/dating.htm and you can find a list of free dating sites, reviewed and rated. Among their choices, I tried Love and Friends and it was excellent as there were genuine people profiled with interesting lives (no saddos, weirdos or unpresentable human beings there).

You might wonder why I went for the online option, apart being cheap (I have a very cheap internet package, too, £3.99 a month from onetel). I see myself as successful, attractive and extrovert, but I was meeting no interesting men through work and friends. Also, bars and pubs were too smoky and noisy to bump into a soulmate....

Well, it worked for me. I got hooked on messenger, chatted to lots of men, having fun conversations, revealing and hearing things people would never tell you face to face... And it was safe as you don't have to disclose your name and whereabouts until you think that guy you've been chatting to is a real catch.

I did have to go on quite a few dates, and some were disappointing, but yes, nothing scary happened, the worst case scenario was finding out that the online chemistry didn't translate in real life. But you've got to keep trying....

Yes, I found love on the net and we're going strong, so keep an open mind....

No comments: